Gemstone Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning and Bahia's journey.

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Lightning and Bahia's journey. Empty Lightning and Bahia's journey.

Post  MajesticHooves Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 am

Bahia entered the Twilight Escarpment with Lightning a few steps ahead of her. First, Bahia needed a long drink of water. She was starting to feel dehydrated after the long and tiring journey from Danger's Peak... I had taken a few days. "Boy will I get a good night sleep tonight!" Bahia thought happily.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Lightning and Bahia's journey. Empty Re: Lightning and Bahia's journey.

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:46 am

Lightning nuzzled her lovelingly. Our journy is about over, we can hope." He was worried about the herd stallion of these lands.
Lightning lifted his nose to the wind, the evening air felt good and cool. It would help them both sleep well.
He rolled and shook himself. "it will be nice to be in one place for a few days at the very least."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 am

Bahia nuzzled him back. "Don't worry. I think the lead stallion would be kind enough to let us stay here for a while." She said.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  Miabec Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:20 am

A small palomino mare in the hear was watching the two horses. She envied them, she had no friends apart from the lead stallion who was always too busy...
Miabec
Miabec

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Sniffing the air she knew there was a stallion close in the company of a mare, Grace quickend her steps she was not looking for trouble tonight, her weary feet longed for rest But her thirst drove her on, maybe she would stop for a small rest and maybe find a friend in whoever was out there. It was then Grace picked up on the scent of a lone mare, hmm she thought to herself maybe she is alone like me.... maybe.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Lightning lifted his head and looked around. The night was still and he sented what breeze there was. Though he was tired he got up from his place next to Bahia. He could hear them, moveing softly about. There were a ways off yet but still out there. They were not alone.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Startled by the sudden sound and movement in the corner of her eye, Grace froze. finding herslef looking through the trees at the stallion Lightning a mere 30 yards in front of her. How could she have not known he was there so close? Silently cursing herself for treading where she didnt belong, she remained still praying that this stallion did not want to run her off.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Lightning was now fully awaik. His ears took in every sound and finaly he made out the sound of a horse comeing closer and closer.
The the moon broke out and her golden coat shimmered. She was given away.
"Who are you?" Lightinng asked standing with his chest out and neck arched. "What do you want?"
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:44 pm

At an almost whisper, She stuttered... im g im Grace. I mean you no harm or threat, Im just passing through I am so sorry to disturb you. It was then she noticed Bahia lying on the ground, Oh..... I am so sorry I didnt mean to intrude. please forgive me. I will leave and be on my way, I am alone so no fear. I will not bother you anymore.Looking slightly crestfallen that she had found a stallion but one that had a mare already, she waited for him to respond standing quietly looking at him then down at Bahia
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Lightning relaxed, He could not smell any more horses and her voice was honest. He lifted his tail and trotted over to her and with his neck arched proudly he greeted her by sniffing noses with her. letting her smell him as he took in her sent. He could feel her weiryness and how tired she looked. Her sides were thiner then a mare's shold be if she were living well in a herd.
He perked his ears. "I am Lightning. There is no need to run off, I am just glad that you are not another stallion come to fight me."He looked back at Bahia. then laughed, "I do not think I'm up for another fight just yet!" He shook his head, "Sorry, what is your name? You are safe here, I will not harm you, please come into the meadow and out from the trees."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Taking in the scent of Fresh blood and Sweat Grace could tell he had just fought for the mare Bahia still slumbering in the meadow. Im Grace, and thank you kind Stallion. She slowly followed him back to where Bahia rested. Whispering wow, it must have been some fight Look at you. I will stay for the night but I would feel im intruding if i stay longer. You two obviously are in love or you would not have fought for her. Plus I do think I am coming into heat and I dont want issues to arise with your pretty mare. Im nothing much to look at anyway. Sighing she lay down a few paces from Lightning and Bahia. finding it hard to sleep.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Lightning looked at his sides, it always up set him that white held the color of blood longer then ohter coats. "No need to worrie. We are both young here and would be glad of the company. no matter if your...erm comeing in to...heat. I'm not a brute and will not be mean to you. In fact you would be safer with us. Please don't feel like you need to run off." Lightning was being h onest. "I am a herd stallion now and you would be welcoem to join."
He loved Bahia, but since the fight she had seemed distant to him. Though she had proclamed to be his mate he wasn't sure if she really felt that way or not. She had been in heat, he knew that could cause mares to make bad judgements. was he a mistake she was regreting? Pherhaps that is why even though she was in heat she had not....they had not... Lighting shook his head. He was a stallion after all and it was only natural.
Perhaps company would be nice. "In insist you not run off. you will cause no trouble."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:37 pm

If you insist Lightning I will remain with you I would be eternally grateful. Finally feeling safe for once in a long time she stood, The refreshing sound of a stream nearby called to her, Looking back as the moonlight shone on Lightnings Well muscled body she shivered and realized how lucky she was. She would stay. Lowering her muzzle to the stream not uneasy at all that her rump was facing the Bahian and Lightning she drank. her soul settling for the first time she could remember. Trusting Lightning and even the Sleeping Bahia. She took several big mouthfuls of the lush grass on the edge of the water. and just stood there a moment.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:50 pm

Lightning was pleased. this would be funer. As he had no lands it ment they would have to move a lot, resint where and when they could. He had thought that beign a band stallion would be the end of his exciting life. How wrong he was, why with two mares in his company they would probably spend most of their time on the run. He shivered with excitement at the thought.
Then another thought hit him. "Oh I hope these too get along!" he looked at the sky, it was slowling fadeing, and dawn would be apon them soon. He streached and then started grazing where he could keep an eye on both the mares of his herd.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Breathing a deep Sigh, Grace slowly approached Lightning but didnt get too close in case Bahia awoke and was angered at her presence. Preparing for anything she settled on a small patch of thick grass and ate. Admiring the strong handsome stallion, feeling the sudden urge to nuzzle him and lick his wounds better. How brave a stalllion what a foe he must have faced. She was glad that she had wandered in this direction. Now she hopefully would be accepted by the beautful mare slumbering a few feet away. Nervous about coming into heat wanting a foal of her own but that would have to wait........... on Bahia
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Bahia was soon awoken by the footsteps of Lightning and the new mare. She opened her eyes sleepily and looked up at Lightning, "Good morning sunshine." She greeted him, standing up and shaking the remaining of grass off her coat. Bahia nuzzled Lightning, "Your wounds are cleaning up nicely." She said examining them as she had last night then spotted the mare behind Lightning. "Who is this?" Bahia asked, she was a bit confused.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh Im Grace, the small skinny rather rag tag looking mare replied. I Startled Lightning last night. He has invited me to join you but on the condition that it is ok with you she said to Bahia. I am only looking for someplace to be accepted, I mean no harm or ill will twoard you or Lightning.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Bahia raised her velvet nose to the air. She inhaled the mares scent deeply then shifted her head down and looked at her. Did Lightning really just find this mare? Or was he having second thoughts about being her mate? Bahia felt a stab of jealousy but pushed it away. "Sure. Fine with me." Bahia choked.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:26 pm

A sigh of relief, Finally Grace had gotten lucky for once in her life. she was glad in a way that she had wandered in their direction last night. Excuse me please if you dont mind, Looking down at herself realizing just how dirty she looked. I think i will go to the stream and try what I can to look somewhat decent. Looking at Bahia and how her coat gleamed and her mane and tail were thick and long. How could Lightning have accepted her in her misearble looking state when he had this absolutely stunning mare.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 pm

"Yes. Of course." Bahia said and stepped out of the way from the stream so Grace could go and clean herself up. Bahia watched her go, she definitely lived up to her name. She could see why Lightning accepted her, truly. Bahia started to graze, feeling rather ashamed, then thought of Lightning and Bahia's foal.. if they ever had one. Just naming a foal would make Bahia happy. But she couldn't expect too much from a stallion whom had risked his life for her.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:36 am

Grace took her time in the stream, rolling on the smooth rocks in the water to scrub her dirty Golden coat. Making sure to at least try to look presentable when she returned... this also gave lightning and Bahia time to talk and make sure they were positive they wanted her around. her heat was coming soon and she could feel it now with a stallion present more than ever. She hoped that things would not change if she did come into heat..............
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:33 am

Lightning was tence as a cat about to spring, he had had little to do with mares and this made him a wee bit nervious.
He nuzzles Bahia good morning. "Did you sleep well?" He asked her.
Once he saw the two mares had spoken he ventured to speak with Bahia, "I hope you will not mind to terrably bad. She was alone and scared. And we do need to build a herd. I hope that this is ok with you. His eyes were worried, he cared deeply for Bahia and didn't want to upset her. Since the battle he had felt that they were streached thin. He was scared still that she would and could reject him as a mate and seek another.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  MajesticHooves Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:23 am

Bahia smiled at Lightning, she nuzzled him back and lovingly rubbed her head against his neck. Lightning was very soft and warm. "I slept quite well. Oh.. no I don't mind if she's here." Bahia assured him.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Grace Emerged from the Stream like a new horse, Her Golden coat shining in the morning sun, Still very thin but she Felt 100 times better. Smiling as she saw lightning and Bahia together, She was glad she hadnt caused any problems. Grace approached Bahia and showed her loyalty and appreciation by begining to groom Bahias already pristine coat.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Lightning was excited the two mares got along. He was pleased with his luck in life right now too, He had faught and while he had lost he also had learned in that moment how to truly fight and the next time he went into battle he would not come out on the loosing end. He now had a beautiful mare at his side who would hopeuflly be willing to start a family with him. And then stumbing apon them a beautiufl lone mare who was sweet and kind causing no troubles for a new young stallion to worrie about. he arched his neck proudly.
moveing closer to the two mares he nickered a good morning. "Grace," he asked "I can't help but see that you are on the thin side, do you need a day or so to rest up. We can surly move at a nice easy going pace that will give you time to graze as we go."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next