Gemstone Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glacier Valley

2 posters

Go down

Glacier Valley Empty Re: Glacier Valley

Post  MajesticHooves Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:44 am

Nutmeg entered the valley, not knowing it. She lowered her fine head to drink from the cold, fresh water. Nutmeg drank thirstily, she shook the remaining drips of water from her chin and looked around the beautiful valley. Nutmeg sighed, did anyone own it? She lowered her head to graze beside the lake, the grass was luscious and tasted great.
MajesticHooves
MajesticHooves

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:24 am

Bolder stands on an over look, the cool wind is blowing in his face. He breeths deeply of the pine sented air and closes his eyes. The sun is warm on his face and back, he opens his eyes and looks at this wonderful valley. "This is it" He says to him self. "This is where I shal bring a herd of my own, this is where I want to see my foals grow." A warm glow fills Bolders chest and a smile lights up his face. In sheer joy he rears and whinnies loudly to the pasing clouds. Home, this is his home!
He had been in this wonderful place for over a month, there had not been a sniff of another horse, he knew the time had come to go lower and seek horses strong enough to come wiht him.
He sets out at day break, as he starts down the rocky trail he takes a last look at his beloved valley. "I will return and quickly" He thought to him self, "and hopefully with a small herd with him."
With that Bolder left the valley for the lower hills and mountains.

(Bolder is not at Secret Valley at this time, he is for the moment at Seeking Creek looking for horses)
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Glacier Valley Empty Glacier Valley

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 am

This is a rich lush land, hidden away deep in the mountains. Here the grass is tall and green, the water cold and fresh, the air cool from the high mountain peeks. The large pine trees creat sheler from the storms and shade from the trees. the steep rocky path to the valley keeps most other stallions out and humans rarely come this high. There is the danger of some bears and mountain lions but as long as the herd stays together they are safe.
But this beautifl place is not perfect, the winters are so harsh with so much snow the herd is forced to travle down the dangerous path to the lower valleys. There there is more feed though the winter but there is more risk from humans, wolves and other horses. The live here for horses is mostly safe, but the horses need to be strong and brave. The life is good and rich but not easy. Bolder is a wise stallion, and will keep his herd safe. This beautiful mountain valley is a place where he can finaly call home and some day raise a family?
Glacier Valley DSCN0802

Last edited by ShannaraFox on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down