Gemstone Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Mare of Unusual... Everything

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Mare of Unusual... Everything Empty A Mare of Unusual... Everything

Post  Evander Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:27 pm

Rhyxael was a very unusual mare, for certain.
For one thing, she was built like a stallion; large, very well muscled, and just overall looked more like a stallion than the mare she really was. Second thing was her colouration; while for the most part she looked like a blue roan, greyish blue body with black points, her mane and tail faded into a coppery red the closer to the ends it got. It certainly made her stand out in a crowd, but it had also landed her into trouble more than once. Horses feared what they didn't understand, and her very odd colourations marked her as "strange".
She snorted at the thought. She'd learned to take care of herself, and she didn't need anyone else to help with that. But... she needed social interaction. She'd heard this creek was for mares to meet stallions, and if she waited, someone who would accept her for who she was might approach... and a new life could start.
Rhyx could hope.
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

A Mare of Unusual... Everything Empty Re: A Mare of Unusual... Everything

Post  ShannaraFox Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:19 pm

From his place futher out from the other horses, Bolder watched this mare with her sleek gray coat and rust colored main and tail. She was differant.
The way she acted, the way she behaved around the other horses. His heart saddend when he saw why, turned away by the other more flashy mares and stallions. It angered him. He longed to go to her, to speak to her, let her know she was not alone in this world.
He shook his head sadly, she would walk away from him like the other mares did. He looked at the scars that blemished his dun colored hide. His anger at men built, he cursed their wars that had mared him so.
He looked up and his dark eyes beheld this strange mare once again, a warm flush swept though his body, to him she was the most beautiful mare he had ever seen. He knew that she would turn away from him like so many of the other mares did when they saw his battle scars, but he had to tell her, she had to konw she was beautiful.
He lifted his head to a proud carrage, his thick black main and tail flowing out behind him, lifting his feet proudly and in a single gracefull bound lept the creek and wondered over to this strange beautiful mare.
Stoping a respectfull distance away he bowed his head in greeting then looked up at her. "I beg your pardon for desturbing your grazing, but I wanted to tell you that I think you are the most beautiufl mare I have ever seen. and if you would I would like to speak to you so that I might know you better."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Rhyx froze momentarily, not exactly expecting anyone to show up so suddenly... or to say what this dunny had.
She stared at Bolder dumbly, trying to make sense of what the stallion had said. It was certainly surprising; nobody had ever seen her as... beautiful. They saw her as a freak, or 'unique' as they'd said, but they shunned her just the same. How odd that this stallion would proclaim her so profoundly up and out of the blue like this.
"Uhm..." She started, trying to kick her normally sharp brain back into gear. To attempt to, she looked the speaker over, noting his scars with only a passing, fleeting thought. She'd always liked dun horses... they had a magnificent colour, so much nicer than her own bland grey and black. Finally, she smiled shyly. "Well, Dunny Boy... I'm not opposed to speaking with you... though I'm not sure if you'll find me that interesting."
She chuckled slightly at her joke, though she doubted anyone else would get it.
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Bolder's eyes sparkled at the sound of her voice, he was touched that she had not spun and run away. "Oh I am sure you have an intersting story to share and I find you very intersting." Her lifted his head higher, "I am caled Boler, what is your name?"
Bolder had not missed the way she seemed at a loss for words, at first he thought it was because she was discusted by him, but that idea quickly changed and he would do anthing to her her laugh lightly again.
"You may ask me any question my dear lady, for while things in my past are dark I will not hid them from you if you care to know."
Bolder moved into the sade of the same tree wiht Rhyx.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Rhyx's mouth twisted into a wry smile at Bolder's words.
"Interesting to look at no doubt, but the only tales that might be the least bit interesting would still bore you to tears." Her expression softened. "My name is Rhyxael, though I prefer being called Rhyx."
As the stallion moved closer, she began to take in more and more of his features, and could take in more and more of the extent of his scarring. Curiosity and concern burned in her heart, but she did not turn away from him. She liked the idea of a boy who could look after himself like she could look after herself.
"I am a bit curious about the scars, but... it's not important. I can see past the surface. Actually..." She leaned forward mischieviously so her head was only inches from his, voice low so only Bolder could hear, "I think they make you look rather dashing, Dunny Boy."
Another musical laugh escaped her vast body, far too high pitched to believe it came from such a large mare.
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 am

DASHING!!! Bolder felt faint. Unstady even as though the world were spining round and round him. Dashing! he said it to him self agian. No one had EVER thought him dashing or liked the scars. Ugly, deformed, fiend, friek those were the names he was usted to being called, not dashing!
Her laughter, so sweet and honest told him she was not mocking him, she was telling the trouth.
Finaly his head stoped spinning and he was able to reply, "Rhyx, what a lovely name. your name fits you well, pure, beautiful and honest. Rhyx, I would hear any story you had to tell for it is all a bit more about you and I thirst to learn more."
He shifted a bit closer, not afraid to share his story with this mare, she would either accept him or she would not, he had nothing to hide.
He cleared his throat and begain, "I was not always wild. I was born far far to the east, where the sun comes up, near a great water. I had been born in the wild but the herd was of tame men owned horses. I was broke in with whip, spur and bit. They made me face terralbe loud battles, one after another.
I took on many wounds at the hands of these people. My courage was great as I would rush into each battle and I soon learned they prized me not for who I was and what I did for them but as a steady mount of war.
I thought I would meet my end on that battle field, but some bit of luck ran my way and I found my self loosed of my saddle and rider. Normaly I would have stood by my fallen rider but not this time, I ran. I headed into the western mountains. I have travled on my own for three years now. In that time I battled other stallions to learn how to fight. When I would win I would back down and return their herd to them. I had what I wanted and needed, the skills to fight and keep a herd of my own one day, to protect my family. it was from these battles that I gained the rest of my scars."
His eyes saddened slightly as if he remembered something that was still a bit painfull.
"And that my beautiful Rhyx, is how I came by my scars, I am glad you find them dashing on me."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:24 am

"... men?"
Rhyx was mystified. She'd heard tales of men, strange two-legged beings that captured horses for personal gain. Her father, a purebred Thoroughbred from the stellar Northern Dancer lineage, had once been tamed by men, but the farm he'd been on had been lost in a flood that claimed the land and most of the men that stayed there. He'd escaped the water, and the round-up crew, and fled, where he found his mate, Rhyx's mother, who was born wild, her parents abandoned by men.
"Are they truly as cruel as my grandsire portrayed? War sounds like such an aweful thing..."
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 am

"Your father was very lucky to have gotten away, very few can claim as much. And yes most men are crul. There are a rare few who will treat you kindly and you life will be good but they are so few it's not even worth the risk."
The thought of men made him a bit up set, at their hands he had suffered a great deal. He shook his neck, letting his dark main fly about him. They were a thing of the past and he would never go back.
He looked back at Rhyx, "I would not trouble your self about men. You seem to smart to fall into thier little traps."
he smiled softly at her to ease any fears he might have given her.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:56 am

Rhyx flicked her tail thoughtfully, mulling over Bolder's words for a moment or two.
"I don't fear their traps, but... just the thought of having horrible ropes cutting into my flesh... makes me shudder."
She shook herself to disperse the feeling. She had a rather vivid imagination, and could almost feel the twisting binds. She smiled shyly back at Bolder, grounding herself in reality again.
"So now that I know a bit about you, what do you want to know of me?"
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:02 am

Bolder stomped his hoof to the ground with a thud, his tail swished in fury. "I will be dead before any human puts a hand much less a rope on you!"
Relizeing he had practly shouted, he lowered his voice. "I am sorry about that out burst but I could not stop my self when I thought of you and cutting burning ropes. If I ever have any say it things I'll make sure that never happens to you."
He tossed his main and with a deep breath settled him self down again, though he heart was still beating a bit fast, he thought at first that it was the thought of humans that angered him so, but then relized with shock that it was from the nearness of this strange beautiful mare.
"Tell me of your hopes and dreams." He said simply, looking deepling into her eyes.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am

"Not much to tell there," Rhyx admitted. "Mostly just looking a companion, someone to talk to... and someone who would accept me for who I am."
Not that everyone didn't wish for that. To be accepted, without having to put on a mask of lies to cover their flaws.
"Not very original, I know, but when you're a beggar, a little can mean a lot."
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:42 am

Bolder looked at her hard, he seemed to be weighing something out in his mind. "Those are fine and wonderful dreams. and they are wishes and dreams that even royality (he rollys his eyes at some of the arabs ) would want."
He took a small step closer to her," you are also no begger, you are strong, powerful and wise you are richer then most other horses and do not even know it! You have all the qualitys of a queen."
He nodded his head curtly up and down to make it clear that he stood firmly on what he said. Then takeing a step back he looked at her and seemed for a moment at a loss for words.
"Rhyx, I...I....I have a Valley that I have clamed as my own. it is far away from humans and other herds, it is safe and full of green grass. The water is cool and very clear. the sun is warm and the breeze is cool. It is this place that I have chosen for my home. I want a herd there, a mate and foals to look after and teach. I have come here seeking a herd."
He looked deeply into her eyes, "I would be most honored and touched if you would concent to becoming a member of my herd."
Though Bolder didkn't know it he was holding his breath on what her choice would be.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 am

"Queen?" Rhyx replied, chuckling. She broke into a brisk trot, circling around Bolder to stand behind him into the sunlight, where she planted her feet firmly on the turf. "I'm hardly a queen, but... I'd love to join your herd, Dunny Boy."
And maybe... maybe more, she thought dreamily... though she'd never admit it aloud.
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:03 am

Her out burst and responce suprised Bolder. He felt sorry for her, that she could not see the true beauty that she was, for all that was so wonderful about her. But his heart sored wiht joy that she would join his herd. Perhaps in time he could help her to see what a rare beauty she was. And to him self he thought that if some day she would ever accept him as her mate with him the king of a valley and herd she would indeed be a queen!
He Reared in delight and joy, came forward into the sunlight and touched noses with her then he nickered in glee and cantered around her.
"I can not express in words the joy you have brought me on this day!" he told her
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:20 am

Bolder looked around at some of the other horses that were grazing then back at Rhyx. I have been gone from my valley for a few weeks now, soon i will be wanting to return there. But for safty I would like to talk to some of these other mares and see if any of them are willing to come.
my timing is poor I know most of these mares are here to find mates and look for herds later. But I do worrie about my valley and long to be there.
I will be leaving in about three days. Do you think you will be fit and ready to travle by then?"
He glanced around and spotted a bay mare not too far off. He would start now, seeking out herd members.
He started to move off but turned back and softly touched his nose to Rhyx's so she knew he had her on his mind still and was not leaving her for some other.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:39 am

Rhyx grinned mischieviously.
"I could travel right now, for days. Can look after myself too." Her smile softened when Bolder's nose touched hers. "I'll wait though. Right here, until you're ready to go to your valley again."
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:18 pm

Bolder wondered back over to Rhyx. He shook his head sadly. "I am afraid finding mares for this herd will not be easy. seems they want more then a gentle stallion to look after them and a safe valley with good food to eat. Seems they want the stallion shining and spirited and wiht out scars of his past." He gently moved closer to Rhyx, and gently chewed at her withers and shoulder. He enjoyed her company and her nearness. He hoped she would not leave him any time soon.
"I do not know if you would have anny better luck in helping build this herd but your help would be welcome."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:03 pm

Bolder wandered over to Rhyx. I have a longing to return home, are you sure you want to come? I have so far not gotten any others to come. It may be just you and I. He shook his head. I had hoped to lead a few others up as well but seems that my scaring is my own down fall.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  Evander Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Rhyx smiled sadly. It was unfortunate that so many couldn't see past Bolder's scarring, he was so pleasent and kind.
"I'm afraid my unusual appearance lead to nothing but getting ignored on my end." She nuzzled Bolder's neck with a sigh. "I don't mind it being just the two of us... honest I don't."
Evander
Evander

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:21 pm

Bolder nuzzled her back in return. "I also do not mind the idea." he chewed softly on her withers. "In the end I pitty others who can't see past them selves."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Fanfare trotted in gleefully with a smile in her eyes. She broke into a canter, seeing dark figures in the distance. She was a hyperactive type. She's also had a stallion before, but she doesn't ted to go into that subject. She trotted straight up to the two horses. "Hey you two!" She reared up playfully circling them.
ForeverYoung
ForeverYoung
Admin

https://gemstonemeadows.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Bolder was suprised by the bold actions of the mare, he was not fooled into acting agrissive to her, for she mearly seemed playfull.
"Hello" He said warmly.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:02 pm

She stopped jumping for a minute. "Nice to meet you! I'm Fanfare!" She started rearing some more and nickering softly.
ForeverYoung
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Her energy was rereashing to Bolder. He laughed, "What brings you here to us?"
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  ForeverYoung Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:20 pm

"Well...I heard talking..." She laughed as she said these words, mostly because it was not uncommon to hear talking. "Not actually sure what this place is called." She was calming down a bit, but still trotting on the spot. "I feel like a drink! Do you?" She went from trotting on the spot to an extended trot towards the creek. The creek was still in the eye range of the stallions.
ForeverYoung
ForeverYoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next