Gemstone Meadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

3 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home Empty Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:43 am

Onyx and Lark had traveld far, Cresting the ridge the most beautiful sight to behold was upon them. The valley sprawled out before them like a gorgeous dream. Onyx immediately knew this was home. He nuzzled Lark and nickered to her. We are home love, this is ours I claim this land, not just as my own but as ours. I have a suprise my love..... I named it before we even got here.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home Empty Re: Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:48 am

Larks breath was taken away, this was the most beautiful place on earth. It had to be a dream. She looked at onyx, her love bright in her eyes.
His words touched her and as she leaned into him she could not help but cry tears of happyness.
"Yes, here in this land of beauty and grace we will build a herd and and..." She nuzzled him softly, "a family." Her dreams had come true at last.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home Empty Re: Meadow Lark and Onyx find thier home

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:55 am

I named this place after you Lark, he touched his nose to her face wiping away her tears. That way even long after we are gone and our Children own this land No one will ever forget the Greatest mare to ever live. he licked her cheek softly. Glad she was happy. they set off together to explore thier new land.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Lark looked at Onyx. "You are the most wonderfull stallion I have ever met, maybe too good for the likes of me but I think I'll keep you just the same!"
She nuzzled him and looked down at their new beautiful land. "There is so much of land here and we are so small. While I don't mind haveing you to my self I do hope a herd forms for us soon."
She laughed then, "after all our foals will want play mates, and foals are so much happer in a herd and safer."
She started down the slope, her dappled buckskin coat shining in the first light of morning.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Onyx was practically glowing with happiness, Lark wanted to have a foal?

Well, he Beamed at Meadow Lark, How soon did you picture this family begining? He did not want Lark to be lonely, he hoped soon other mares and possibly even a stallion would join them and begin a new life with them as a herd. He pictured the day when the valley would be dotted with them. Horses of all ages, his offspring and family.. He siged looking at Lark in the early moring sunrise. This, he could tell was just the begining.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 pm

Lark turned to Onyx her smile soft and whitty, "When ever your ready for a family....we now have a home to rais them in so to me I see no time in waiting. Life is short and for some can be shorter still." Her eyes were bright and shining. "Um Onyx, about this herd of your when others do come I have to tell you, I'm a poor path finder and will make you a lousy lead mare."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Laughing, Onyx Looked at Lark with a sweet smile. Now Lark do you think that is going to make me think twice of you as my lead mare? We have a home and I plan to stay here, I doubt highly that I would need a pathfinder soon enough we will know this land inside and out. No, Onyx said You will always remain as lead and if you so choose to you dont have to be the path finder, that does not mean you are not the lead mare. I will set the rules when we have more than just the two of us. And as far as a Foal and family goes you need to tell me when the time is right and we will Make it happen.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 pm

Lark laughed, her laughter as always was soft and filled with Music. "Oh Onyx I was not worried about my place by your side in our future herd, but this is a very very large area, we might wonder over it for years and still not see it all. I am thinig only that our herd could be in danger if some one doesn't know every last trick in this land. I know we will manage but some time soon we'll need that true lead mare who know's the land and will keep the herd safe and warn you of danger. I'm a bit of a sissy in that way, I like to spend my days eating grass and resint in the sun, adventuring out into the wild is not my idea of a grand life at all." She rubbed her head on his chest " Yes I am ready to have a family, it's all i ahve longed for and i wn't need to say when, you'll know."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Onyx secretly smelled the air around Lark, Any day now would be about right. He smiled. Lark, as far as im concerned, You are my only lead mare, I suppose we could have a sub- lead mare but she would not hold the ranking that you do dear. She will be our path finder. for now I want you only to be the mother of my foal. maybe someday there will be more but it will be a tough decision and one that you must make with me. For all will fall short in comparison with you.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Lark laughed, "Come on, I would like to drink for that cool looking river. Details about our herd will work them selves out later in time."
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 pm

Onyx set out, picking carefully down the steep hill. Having Lark follow incase he lost his footing she wouldnt be crushed and if she lost her footing... well his big rump would surely stop her from going far. Breathing a sigh of relief when his hooves hit bottom he Broke into a gallop drinking in the fresh air and felling the long grass tickle his belly. he Splashed into the stream at full gallop sending sprays of water in every direction. what a glorious feeling. He looked up soaked head to tail at Lark. giving her a very happy very big grin.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 pm

From her vantage point a lonely mare watched the two new comers. She watched they way they plaied in the streem and then started to graze peacefully together. It tugged at her heart and made her sad. So at last some one had found this valley. She knew the quiet of it could and would not last forever and even knowing it she was not sure she was ready for strangers here.
She knew too that no doubt the dark stallion below had claimed these lands and she was now on his lands rather then her own.
A part of her longed to go down and meet the two new straingers but she hung back,...at least for now.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:13 pm

Onyx grazed happily next to Lark catching movement out of the corner of his eye, he looked up....nothing must have been his imagination playing with him. again he sniffed Lark sensing she was ready he nuzzled her gently. I think its time we start a family... he looked at her longingly and waited for her to respond.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Lark's smile was warm in inviteing as she gazed back at Onyx. "I do beleive your right."

The loner mare, her large eyes bright and dark had made her way closer to where the two new horses were. She wanted to get a better peek at them before anocing her self. She peered though the bushes and quickly turned away. She felt her self flush,...she would come back later when they were umm less busy. Turning she quietly made her way to the higher grounds.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Cozying up to Lark, Onyx was satisfied His family (hopefully) was underway and they had found land, What more could happen to make this place even more amazing. He Nuzzled Lark softly and made his way to the stream for a cool drink, Plunging in to his knees he dipped his mouth into the cold fresh water.

then again a movement from the corner of his eye. His head shot up, Looking around he saw Meadow Lark not too far from him resting peacefully, he smiled. She had to be tired from the journey, among other things.

He raised his head to sniff the air, yes...... He and Lark were not alone... It wasnt a threatening smell, But curiosity drove him from the water, Nuzzling Lark he whispered quietly. Im gonna look around for a min. Stay here love. its best you move into the trees for cover and the soft ferns will provide a nice place to lay. With that he took off toward where he had seen the movement. Following his nose he quickly picked up the scent.....
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:04 am

The sound of the birds told her that she was about to have company. The wind was blowing her sent into her stalker. She was angry for her carelesness. As quiet as a the owls at night she moved till she no longer had the wind blowing her sent but could sent this stranger. Aaa she thought the black stallion from below...come up to .....too ...toooo she looked closely at him. He looked famular to her some how..She steped futher back into the shadded bushes as she wanted him stop the ground, up set that he had lost the trail.
yes....she thought she did know him from some where...
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:18 am

Furious, Onyx stomped his large hoof on the ground. How could he have lost the scent? for all he knew whatever was out there could be dangerous, realizing this his heart skiped a beat. Lark!! he spun dashing back through the trees to Lark. He saw no threat in the area he calmed. Nuzzling her gently, he lay down next to her. Lifting her head to rest on his broad back giving it support.

Whatever it was it was gone, for now at least.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:21 pm

"Do we have reason to worrie?" Lark asked Onyx. "I can see you are troubled, what seems to be bothering you that would have such a dark look on your face on such a lovely evening?" Lark got up from her resting spot and made her way to the creek. She drank her fill then wondered over to Onyx where she nipped at his withers.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:29 pm

No I dont think whatever is out there means us harm... well i hope it doesnt. He laughed as she nipped at him he began trotting around her playfully. The early morning light creeping over the valley revealing its absolute wonder. Onyx gave Lark a whinny, then cantered off looking behind him as he moved away winking at her to come and get him.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Catching on to his play she reared and bolted off after him. Her dark hooves beating a timly tune on the soft ground. She reard and at a safe distance pawed at him, then came down to nip him again gently on is big strong neck. She bucked slightly and took off at a run her self, kicking out in a challange of her own.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Onyx reached out to nip her playfully back but he missed, Laughing he took off after her, His hoof beats and hers making a beautiful rythm together. He skidded to a stop and reared turning in a circle while on his back feet, His feathered hooves pawing the air. He landed with a hard thud and once again took off after Lark but instead of nipping he ran up along side of her and gave her a sloppy wet lick.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 pm

Lark laughed. "Oh Onyx I really do hope other horses come to join us here. This is such a wonderfull place but all together too big for just you and I, even a bit much I think once there are three of us." She nuzzled him softly.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 pm

He nuzzled Lark back placing his nose on her belly imagining his foal growing inside it. hmm yes, It is a bit big Love, Should we return to seeking creek? maybe we could find some horses there that would like to come. I dont mind who comes here as long as they come in peace. I dont mind a challenge, and I will fight for you and this land but I will not fight here. To tell you the truth there could be other horses here and we dont know it yet. this place is big Lark as you said. we have yet to explore everything.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  ShannaraFox Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:59 pm

"Then let us explor this land some Onyx, before the winter snow's and "She looked at her sides."Ohter things keep us from doing so. Lets start out at first light." She nuzzled him and then picking a path down the bank made her way back to a new part of the small river that ran below.
ShannaraFox
ShannaraFox

Back to top Go down

Post  SweetieKatie Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 am

Onyx nodded his agreement, following her he was a stallion after all so he couldnt help watching her rump as he trailed behind her, noticing the way her tail swished as she walked. He loved her deeply everything about her. Pausing he thought he heard something. his ears pricked and he sniffed the air. Nothing again, whatever or whoever was out there was watching them but was good at hiding, He caught up with Lark to see what she had found. not wanting her to stray too far from him.
SweetieKatie
SweetieKatie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next